There are at least 900 Bizillion political blogs you can read if that’s what you’re looking for. Here, it’s all about the socks. Well, the socks and Andy’s birthday.
Andy’s 9th birthday was today. I made a crock pot fudge cake. I have to say I was skeptical when I first made this cake, but if you like Molten Lava Cakes at restaurants, you’ll love this cake. Just be sure to have caramel sauce and ice cream when it’s all done. It’s not a pretty cake, but good, really good. Good things are often ugly. In fact, the truth is often ugly. I’m naming it Truth Cake. (The truth is in your thighs!!!)
I have a 6-8 qt. crock pot, so I double this recipe for the six of us. If you double it, you need about 5 hours on high for it to cook to the proper gooeiness. And, while delicious by itself, it’s so so so much better with a wee bit of vanilla ice cream and a serious squirt of carmel (or hot fudge) sauce.
HOT FUDGE CAKE (from the Fix It and Forget It Cookbook):
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 c. flour
3 T. unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. milk
2 T. melted butter
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 c. boiling water
1. Mix together 1 c. brown sugar, flour, 3 T cocoa, baking powder and salt.
2. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla. Spread over the bottom of slow cooker.
3. Mix together 3/4 c. brown sugar and 1/4 c. cocoa. Sprinkle over misture in slow cooker.
4. Pour in boiling water. DO NOT STIR – really, don’t, you’ll want to, but don’t.
5. Cover and cook on HIGH 2-3 hours, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
6. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream (and sauces).
7. Thank me later.